Saudia Aerospace Engineering Industries (SAEI), a limited liability company (LLC), was officially registered in 2009 and has its base at King Abdulaziz International Airport, Jeddah, KSA.
SAEI, previously known as Technical Services Division (TSV), was founded in late 1959 and moved to its facilities in the King Abdul Aziz International Airport in Jeddah in 1981.
In Mid-70’s, Saudi Arabian Airlines started to send local Saudis to the United States of America to obtain Airframe & Power plant (A&P) and Avionics diplomas, that resulted in the discontinuation of TWA supervision agreement in 1984.
In 2008, the Technical Services Division became a Strategic Business Unit as part of Saudi Arabian Airlines privatization process and SAEI’s new branding identity was launched in 2011.
In 2015, SAEI jointly with Boeing and Alsalam Aerospace Industry signed an agreement to create the Saudi Rotorcraft Support Company where SAEI acquires 25.5% of the company ownership.